We wanted to give you a heads up, ARTBA has released its 5th annual Bridge Conditions Report to the news media.
Among the key findings in this year’s report:
- 54,259 out of 612,677 U.S. bridges are “structurally deficient.”
- Cars, trucks and buses cross these deficient bridges 174 million times daily.
- Average age of a structurally deficient bridge is 67 years old, compared to 40 years for non-deficient bridges.
- One in three (226,837) bridges have identified repair needs.
- One in three (17,726) Interstate bridges have identified repair needs.
To learn more about our state’s bridges, visit www.artbabridgereport.org for all the details.