Sturgeon Electric Company, Inc. (Sturgeon Electric) was founded in Denver, Colorado in 1912 by David Dwight “D.D.” Sturgeon. Mr. Sturgeon was an active member of the Denver community, and was instrumental in the development of the industry, downtown Denver and in the growth of the city. He served on the Board of Directors of the Rocky Mountain Chapter of NECA-the National Electrical Contractors Association for many years. From 1912 to 1986, Sturgeon Electric’s offices moved from various locations throughout downtown Denver. In the 1990’s, Sturgeon Electric expanded operations into Arizona, opening offices in Phoenix and Tucson. In 2012, Sturgeon Electric celebrated 100 years in business, and the company’s T&D division is currently constructing a $120M electrical construction project in the State of Nevada for NV Energy and Great Basin Electric Transmission South, LLC, an affiliate of LS Power. The 235 miles, 500kV transmission line is known as the Nevada ON Line project.